Discover the 5 ways to pay for long-term care 10 a.m., Thursday, November 1st at the Holiday Inn Carbondale — Conference Center
In Southern Illinois, the cost of long-term care can range from $45,000 to $100,000 a year. Without proper planning, this can easily erase assets earned over a lifetime. Fortunately, State and Federal Laws provide a variety of options to help. This seminar will discuss the new VA regulations that went into effect October 18 that now require a 3-year look back on asset transfer and how this affects the Veteran’s Aid and Attendance program.
In this seminar, you will learn:
- How Living Trusts avoid probate and why Last Will and Testaments don’t.
- How your Durable Healthcare Power of Attorney, Living Will and the new HIPAA Release must work together.
- What blended families (her kids / his kids, their kids) must do to avoid disinheriting each other and/or their separate children.
- How to avoid death taxes, guarantee IRA stretch outs and plan for children and grandchildren with special needs.
- How to protect your children’s and grandchildren’s inheritances from their divorces, debts, taxes, lawsuits, medical expenses and transfers out of the bloodline.
- Why deeding your house to your children is not a good idea.
- How to protect your home and saving from $6,000-a-month nursing home bills and Medicaid if you don’t have long-term care insurance — even if you or a loved one is in a nursing home now.
- The proper estate planning documents you need to protect your estate.
Please RSVP to 618-997-3500
The Seminar is free and open to the public. RSVPs preferred.
When: 10 a.m. Thursday, November 1, 2018
Where: Holiday Inn Conference Center
Address: 2300 Reed Station Parkway, Carbondale, IL
Phone Number for Questions: (618) 997-3500
Our Elder Law Attorneys are also Available to Speak to Your Group or Organization
We frequently speak at churches, senior citizen centers, sorority organizations, assisted living facilities and nursing homes. We also provide speakers for funeral director meetings, financial institutions, insurance and brokerage agencies.
To schedule a seminar for your group or organization, please fill out the form to your left.